ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
« Prev1Next »
21st Oct 24 8:24 PM
euromyside
Posts 34
If I were to resign
If I were to resign and give up my team, what should I do to maximize the potential / benefit to the next manager to inherit.

Weird question, but I've grown bored of this game and so if I was to handover to someone, I'd rather put it in a place that is advantageous. I wouldn't resign tomorrow or next week. It will take time.

Maybe I am giving up too early, but this season is very much stagnating. I hardly brought or sold players, my youth academy is a little rubbish than usual, and my players are pretty much maxed out (not red bars) just limited coaches. 8 out of 20 players are still training.

I also may not resign, but I definitely probably could do more with my life than IAG.
Maybe I'd come back too, who knows.

I know I will get some cold for wanting to retire...

21st Oct 24 9:16 PM
Firesilver
Posts 1,029
Quote:
Originally posted by euromyside
I've grown bored of this game

Got bored? You spent upwards of 3 1/2 years building a squad to take on Serie A, and 26 matches into your first serious season there you're bored of it? Maybe you're just bored of losing games that you're actually trying to win?

You should probably stick to playing single-player games in future then because that very much seems to be your forte.

Do you think that perhaps, just maybe, you would have been less bored of the game if you hadn't instantly flicked the game difficulty from Very Easy to Nightmare? You know... maybe gone through the game's stages the way the game was meant to be played?

Quote:
I wouldn't resign tomorrow or next week.

Good, I still owe you a return match.

Quote:
this season is very much stagnating

This is entirely your own fault. You think that because you've gone turbo mode through the game on easy mode it's always going to be that easy. You will have highs and lows from this point onwards. You have to ride out the lows (5 injuries on 3 matchdays, ahem ahem) to enjoy the highs. I'm going to take immense satisfaction from putting a big middle finger up to the game if I can finish top 7 this season despite the game's best attempts to ruin it.

Quote:
I know I will get some cold for wanting to retire...

I'm glad you waited until I was online to be able to deliver for you

21st Oct 24 9:36 PM
Firesilver
Posts 1,029
I suppose I should really answer your question too.

The reset will remove at least 5 players from your squad and it will possibly also remove more if it doesn't like the average age of the remaining squad. The extremely low average age of your current squad means that you might actually have some additional players removed so the game can add in some reset 33 year olds to make it "fair". If this is to happen, I'd suggest getting rid of some of the younger players in the squad and especially the few that don't have FAs above 80 like Jevan. You want to leave the incoming manager with as many of the young FA 80s and 90s players as possible.

There's really not a lot else you can do as the stadium is already maxed out and at capacity every home match. The staff will be reset and the club rating will probably go back below 6501 after losing a lot of your quality players and a lot of your bank balance, so the next manager won't be able to get the same levels of staff that you have straight away unless the reset is kind to them.

The final thing that would benefit the next manager would be one final and fitting deliberate relegation to allow them a season of being first in the league to get that club rating back up again

21st Oct 24 9:45 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 350
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
The final thing that would benefit the next manager would be one final and fitting deliberate relegation to allow them a season of being first in the league to get that club rating back up again

Why just one? Go on, play your GKs up front and your midfielder in goal all the way down to Serie E

21st Oct 24 10:33 PM
rambocat_2nd
Posts 11
you might be bored now, but youre going to want to come back and wish you didnt give up your club.
just sleep on it.

Today 8:15 PM
euromyside
Posts 34
i've thought of another way to hand over without detriment and not resigning.

finding someone and giving my credentials away to my euromyside account.
sounds dodgy but with all the benefits.

probably against rules unless whoever takes it from IAG resigns from their account and confirms with the mods they don't have 1/2 accounts.

(firesilver probably will be sad he can't talk to the original euro too - strategy would be different)

Today 8:18 PM
stripey
Posts 1,136
Quote:
i've thought of another way to hand over without detriment and not resigning.

finding someone and giving my credentials away to my euromyside account.
sounds dodgy but with all the benefits.

probably against rules unless whoever takes it from IAG resigns from their account and confirms with the mods they don't have 1/2 accounts.

(firesilver probably will be sad he can't talk to the original euro too - strategy would be different)
Not possible, euromyside.

Today 8:56 PM
euromyside
Posts 34
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Not possible, euromyside.

noted.

imagine reading this in order and getting a wee excited

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game