ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
« Prev1Next »
9th May 24 8:45 PM
fedyshen
Posts 5
Silly Question? Offside
So, with a risk of sounding dumb...

Which of the following does "play offside" mean?

1) Your defenders try to catch the Offensive team offside (maybe a good options with a ref with high awareness)

2) Your Strikers jump offside hoping the ref will miss it (maybe a good options with a ref with low awareness)

Thanks in advance. I'm Canadian so go easy on me

9th May 24 9:02 PM
FootballManager
Posts 303
Quote:
Originally posted by fedyshen
So, with a risk of sounding dumb...

Which of the following does "play offside" mean?

1) Your defenders try to catch the Offensive team offside (maybe a good options with a ref with high awareness)

2) Your Strikers jump offside hoping the ref will miss it (maybe a good options with a ref with low awareness)

Thanks in advance. I'm Canadian so go easy on me

I take it to mean option 1) your defenders try to catch the opposition offside. This could go hand in hand with your defence position being "high" or "normal" in your tactics.

10th May 24 6:12 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 291
Quote:
Originally posted by fedyshen

Ah but you don't get any information about the assistant referees...the ref might be as blind as a bat but they could be running the lines like hawks

I agree with FM, it's option 1.

10th May 24 6:29 PM
fedyshen
Posts 5
Thanks!

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game