ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
14th Jul 24 10:40 PM
cherryred2nd
Posts 7
I think they have tweaked the injuries to a point where you just put in players that are left now, which means defenders in midfield, goalkeepers up front or whatever you can do, have to admit my enthusiasm to log on is taking a hammering

15th Jul 24 1:22 AM
Firesilver
Posts 997
Solution: have a larger squad

Easier said than done, I know, but that's just what you need to do if you want a consistently high preview rating all season long.

I've had 8 major injuries this season, every single one to members of my first choice XI, as well as multiple 3-match suspensions for 11 yellow cards which are almost as frustrating. The only way I have been able to mitigate it is by having cover for every single position that's as good or close to as good as my first choice players. As such, my preview rating has fluctuated between its best level of 76 and a lowest of 72, which has been enough to have a moderately successful season.

Injuries and suspensions contributed to me leaving the game the first time- this time I have learned and I'm playing the game the way you have to play it. It's no good complaining about the rules of the game if you're not playing the game the way it's intended to be played.

17th Jul 24 9:37 PM
Marcostrapone
Posts 10
four LT injuries in four days plus two knocks. insane. im new with all the restrictions its hard to run the team like that.

18th Jul 24 7:25 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 72
As the season draws to a close, I have to admit that my initial post was a knee jerk reaction to the clutch of injuries & knocks I had encountered so early in the season.

My concern was whether this would be ongoing, especially as I have trended more injuries second half rather than early season in the past, but to the contrary, aside from a few injuries and knocks second half, I have not had a bad season overall, which suggests that I met my quota early. I'm not suggesting that's how injuries work, but it might be.

I currently have just one injured player & he isn't a first teamer.

24th Jul 24 10:19 PM
FootballManager
Posts 298
Two knee cartilage strains for two of my best players, one defender and one midfielder. Both out for 9 days which is not the end of the world, but not ideal either.

Is it going to be my turn this season?

24th Jul 24 10:36 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 916
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
Two knee cartilage strains for two of my best players, one defender and one midfielder. Both out for 9 days which is not the end of the world, but not ideal either.

Is it going to be my turn this season?

Let's hope so

Oh I hope not FM!

31st Jul 24 8:03 PM
FootballManager
Posts 298
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasant_2nd
Oh I hope not FM!

Dear FootballManager

The following player(s) picked up an injury:

Hisayuki Watamura (Defender).
Pentcho Slovensky (Defender).
Kristofer Wikstrom (Midfielder).

31st Jul 24 8:57 PM
stripey
Posts 1,111
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
Dear FootballManager

The following player(s) picked up an injury:

Hisayuki Watamura (Defender).
Pentcho Slovensky (Defender).
Kristofer Wikstrom (Midfielder).

Ouch!

31st Jul 24 9:26 PM
Rustyjack
Posts 34
One a day All week. Up to four now.

9th Aug 24 1:26 PM
Tottyyyyy28
Posts 2
Starting to think i'm being targetted for being promoted. My 3 best players are all injured for at least half a season. Could've been any players but it happens to be my top 3. 1 being my CF who would've given me a fighting chance against a lot of the teams but now has already lost 2 rating points.
Maybe I just should've never tried to get promoted to play with the top boys - or maybe I should just resign and restart somewhere else because the injury situation is and has always been ridiculous

9th Aug 24 8:32 PM
Firesilver
Posts 997
Anyone ever had a more insane match than mine today? Two key players out with Grade 3 injuries for most of what's left of the season, and just look at the match stats.

Absolutely bonkers. Season ruining.

10th Aug 24 4:54 PM
Firesilver
Posts 997
And to top it off, picked up another injury today in the cup to my best player

My injury list now consists of all 3 of my young, FA 90s midfielders

12th Aug 24 9:28 PM
Marcostrapone
Posts 10
what logic run this platform?
3 red cards 3 injuries.

12th Aug 24 9:58 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 343
Quote:
Originally posted by Marcostrapone
3 red cards 3 injuries.

Looks like you're getting quite a few cards, are you playing high aggression?

Still, that does seem like a lot all at once, bad luck

12th Aug 24 11:16 PM
KaneW
Posts 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Marcostrapone
3 red cards 3 injuries.

If you think back to the premiership match between Chelsea and Spurs last season,, The mighty lily whites also had a similar thing happen within the same game, 2 sendings off and 3 long term injuries so it is possible in real life also from time to time,, very rare and unlucky though

13th Aug 24 12:57 PM
Firesilver
Posts 997
Looks like he's had 2 of his players injured for quite a while though, looking at their match fitness. The red card thing is just silly though, even if it's spread across three matches. It often just feels like the game picks someone random to give a big middle finger to.

13th Aug 24 4:43 PM
rambocat
Posts 442
I remember one time i had two goalkeepers go injured in the same match and both were very long injuries. i had no goalkeepers for about 60% of the season.
It's why I keep 3 now.

13th Aug 24 5:02 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 136
Quote:
Originally posted by rambocat
I remember one time i had two goalkeepers go injured in the same match and both were very long injuries. i had no goalkeepers for about 60% of the season.
It's why I keep 3 now.
I always try to keep three, as that's the one position that you can't do anything about with a formation change. Others may have many more, of course......

18th Aug 24 9:12 PM
markylfc3004
Posts 2
Backup keeper and 2 of my best midfielders out injured all in the same day. Only Grade 2 but still not ideal with big league games and a inter cup semi final match this week

19th Aug 24 3:36 PM
HMFC
Posts 279
In today's game I've just had 2 injuries along with an additional 3 players picking up knocks...all within one game. My entire first midfield had just been wiped out

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game