ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
19th Aug 24 5:44 PM
Firesilver
Posts 997
Quote:
Originally posted by HMFC
IMy entire first midfield had just been wiped out

What, by knocks? Knocks have no actual impact on a player as far as I can tell beyond temporarily reducing their fitness. Two injuries sucks though. Are they both grade 3 like I had earlier this season?

19th Aug 24 6:51 PM
HMFC
Posts 279
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
What, by knocks? Knocks have no actual impact on a player as far as I can tell beyond temporarily reducing their fitness. Two injuries sucks though. Are they both grade 3 like I had earlier this season?

Can lead to injury if you don't let them rest and they carry a knock into the next game, also lowers their ability to perform in a game, like form so it does have an affect imo. Fortunately, both injuries are grade two. Both injuries were midfielders and two were knocks so all of my 4 first team midfielders

19th Aug 24 7:06 PM
Firesilver
Posts 997
Quote:
Originally posted by HMFC
Can lead to injury if you don't let them rest and they carry a knock into the next game, also lowers their ability to perform in a game, like form so it does have an affect imo.

I see absolute no evidence to support either of these claims.

I have never had a single player suffer a full injury while carrying a knock in several years of playing IAG despite having them continue to train as normal.

I also see no evidence they perform any worse in matches. I once had a player with a knock score a hat-trick in a 3-1 cup win and he received man of the match and a rating of 10.

19th Aug 24 7:25 PM
HMFC
Posts 279
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
I see absolute no evidence to support either of these claims.

I have never had a single player suffer a full injury while carrying a knock in several years of playing IAG despite having them continue to train as normal.

I also see no evidence they perform any worse in matches. I once had a player with a knock score a hat-trick in a 3-1 cup win and he received man of the match and a rating of 10.

Well i have

20th Aug 24 4:31 PM
dazstag1967
Posts 36
The team I've played today had 2 injuries in the same minute, can only assume they ran into each other. I've also picked up another injury to my team!

21st Aug 24 11:25 AM
dazstag1967
Posts 36
Season ending injury for my young striker just after my experienced striker returns from injury!

21st Aug 24 3:39 PM
Firesilver
Posts 997
Good news- my midfielders are back from injury tomorrow

Just in time, as 2 more injuries were picked up in today's super cup match. My goalkeeper must have strained his knee in a collision with my defender, who picked up a leg strain in exactly the same minute

23rd Aug 24 8:49 PM
Marcostrapone
Posts 10
endless injuries. soon force me to raplace club due to short squad. i build this club and raise him from ashes.

23rd Aug 24 8:55 PM
Firesilver
Posts 997
Quote:
Originally posted by Marcostrapone
endless injuries. soon force me to raplace club due to short squad. i build this club and raise him from ashes.

You literally have 2 players out injured from a squad of 19 at the moment

I know it's easy to say, but get yourself a larger squad! You started with 23 players when you took over the club.

I've had 3 or more players out for over two weeks. You just need the squad to cover it.

23rd Aug 24 9:17 PM
Marcostrapone
Posts 10
well. im out of budget. btw two are retieing. so its going to end very bad here.

23rd Aug 24 9:26 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 343
Quote:

You might not be able to get a bigger squad overnight, but you can do what you can to minimise chance of injuries.

I looked at Kobayashi, Robles, Noguchi, and Giminez - four of your best players and all their fatigue levels are over 20, three of them over 30. Your coaches won't improve them any more, not to mention that older players gain fatigue more quickly. Stick them on some low intensity training with plenty of rest and be done with it.

As for your imminent problem - yes injuries are annoying but you are in division 3 with an eight point lead on the closest managed team. You'll be okay

Edit...
Quote:
well. im out of budget. btw two are retieing. so its going to end very bad here.

Okay, well that's a different story but still manageable. Get some youths promoted ASAP. 19-2 = 17, you won't get sacked with that. You'll still be okay.

23rd Aug 24 10:21 PM
KaneW
Posts 20
Quote:

Aritomo Miyasaki - fullback - 80s and 90s fixed attributes will get you a pretty penny,,, 10-15million atleast

Jax Robles - forward- all 90s fixed attributes,, although he's 28 yrs old he quite advanced and will get you some cash if needed (15-20million ish)

I'm new here and not the best with valuation of players but these are my guess-timates from what I've seen the short time I've been here

A more experienced manager could eloborate more and be more precise

24th Aug 24 2:38 PM
Firesilver
Posts 997
Good win in the cup today at the cost of a second injury of the season for my 80-rated young midfielder- both have been grade 3 as well. Back up to 4 players out with injury again. I thought we?d got our injury season out the way last season? obviously not

24th Aug 24 8:22 PM
ironpsycho_2nd
Posts 180
Slightly different but relevant:
Just bought a defender and his fatigue level was 98!
An injury was definitely on the cards there!
Needless to say he?s on a fortnights leave

24th Aug 24 8:31 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 343
Quote:
Originally posted by ironpsycho_2nd
Slightly different but relevant:
Needless to say he?s on a fortnights leave

That's impressive!

Having checked out his past club, at least you didn't buy Ackroyd

25th Aug 24 9:33 AM
ramster59
Posts 44
Quote:
Originally posted by ironpsycho_2nd

Just had the same, bought a striker and his fatigue was like 60.
Annoying but I get why it's done

25th Aug 24 4:21 PM
rambocat
Posts 442
i usually put players on rest a couple days before negotiations so the buyer gets a fresh player.

back on injuries, i have a bunch if knocks right now. but im not complaing because those players will be back in a day or two at the most.

28th Aug 24 6:48 AM
Chyperhondria2nd
Posts 29
Three midfielders out, one of them for near enough 30 days apparently a strain keeps you out for about three times as long as a fracture

28th Aug 24 10:59 AM
dazstag1967
Posts 36
Think one of my players had a broken neck once but wasn't injured for very long. Just picked up my 10th injury of the season!

28th Aug 24 3:41 PM
cherryred2nd
Posts 7
I can beat that, I have hit 11 although two injuries have strangely not registered. Incredible really I only have 20 players with two possibly leaving today on transfer list.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game