ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
« Prev1234Next »
7th Jun 24 4:37 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 74
Extraordinary Run Of Injuries...
With the season only 12 days old, I have already encountered an extraordinary run of injuries at the club this season.

I currently have four players injured including one knock, which brings the total up to ten for the season... seven injuries and three knocks, which thankfully hasn't impacted my game too much, but did restrict me tactically this week & also forced me out of a reserve game, so I could keep all my players fresh for cup games which I went on to lose sadly.

The length of injury has been 3 to 11 days, so it hasn't been game changing end of season stuff. For comparison, I didn't have anywhere near this many injuries for the whole of last season, so I guess it is balancing itself out somewhat, but maybe someone should have a turn... any takers?

7th Jun 24 9:00 PM
andyoz
Posts 183
It's the game trying to level the playing field, can't have you running away with the league like you currently are

8th Jun 24 3:31 PM
BlueBoar_2nd
Posts 11
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
It's the game trying to level the playing field, can't have you running away with the league like you currently are

I don't know how many injuries you've had this season so far Andy, but I'd have a few less selection headaches if I had the number of players you have to choose from, lol.

I doubt I'll be running away with anything this season. It'll take some doing to hold onto the title that's for sure.

8th Jun 24 4:13 PM
roland68
Posts 563
Ten is a lot for so early in the season but it sounds like you're counting knocks too, which aren't so much of a problem. You can still play them and at most miss one game, maybe two, if their Fitness goes down to a very low figure.

Your squad currently only shows four injuries this season but there is a bug that injuries to players in reserve matches don't get added to the injury count.

Last season, I had eleven real injuries and this season I've had four so far, nowhere near the ten you've had but more than normal. It happens every now and again that you a get more than usual, and in my experience it sometimes lasts for two seasons.

It's as if there is some "probability of getting injuries" rating that clubs have which fluctuates over the seasons.

8th Jun 24 4:27 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 74
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Ten is a lot for so early in the season but it sounds like you're counting knocks too, which aren't so much of a problem. You can still play them and at most miss one game, maybe two, if their Fitness goes down to a very low figure.

Your squad currently only shows four injuries this season but there is a bug that injuries to players in reserve matches don't get added to the injury count.

Last season, I had eleven real injuries and this season I've had four so far, nowhere near the ten you've had but more than normal. It happens every now and again that you a get more than usual, and in my experience it sometimes lasts for two seasons.

It's as if there is some "probability of getting injuries" rating that clubs have which fluctuates over the seasons.

Yeah, I get the seasonal fluctuations. Some seasons will be worse than others, but it's the unknown element now. Have I had all my injuries in one go, or is there more to come?

I think I had 3 injuries and a similar amount of knocks last season, so I shouldn't really complain... it just feels like the injuries are weighted against my side right now.

29th Jun 24 3:08 PM
roland68
Posts 563
Just had another 3 injuries today, one in a reserve match, two in our cup match, bringing it up to 9 for this season now. Not yet as many as last season but getting closer. I don't mind too much as I have a large squad that should be able to cope but sometimes I miss one or two key players.

How are you doing for injuries, Blueboar? Are the injuries still coming? Just wondering if it tends to last more than one season for others too.?

29th Jun 24 10:07 PM
almahaza
Posts 305
4 injuries in four games, all long term and to my best two strikers, my best defender and my best goalie.

I knew it was all going too well this season.

30th Jun 24 10:06 AM
cherryred
Posts 94
I think there has been a few changes to this game in recent months with injuries and suspensions being ramped up to stretch your squads to the limit. I have also noticed training is much harder now, I can barely train my players now because they get fatigued unless i train them on low.

30th Jun 24 1:53 PM
Firesilver
Posts 1,005
Quote:
Originally posted by cherryred
I think there has been a few changes to this game in recent months with injuries and suspensions being ramped up to stretch your squads to the limit. I have also noticed training is much harder now, I can barely train my players now because they get fatigued unless i train them on low.

Nah, believe me it's been like this from the very beginning. One of the reasons I left way back in Season 9 was frustrations with injuries and suspensions meaning you could literally never play your best team apart from in the first few matches of the season.

Ironically it's not even as bad as it can be in real life football- at least you don't seen 8-10 players in the treatment room at once, like many Premiership teams have this season- but still, if you're going to emulate just one area of real football management, why choose something that frustrates your managers?

The only solution to the problem is strength in depth in your squad and therefore that's how I am playing the game now.

30th Jun 24 9:45 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 74
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Just had another 3 injuries today, one in a reserve match, two in our cup match, bringing it up to 9 for this season now. Not yet as many as last season but getting closer. I don't mind too much as I have a large squad that should be able to cope but sometimes I miss one or two key players.

How are you doing for injuries, Blueboar? Are the injuries still coming? Just wondering if it tends to last more than one season for others too.?

Currently, just the one injury. I have had quite a few knocks since my last post on this topic.

If I am honest, I was worried that the level of injuries I was getting, would ruin this season if they became an ongoing situation.

I am pretty superstitious about talking about this now that the injuries have slowed down & I know that if I say too much more, the RG will take everything I have worked for, so I'm going to shut my face now lol.

1st Jul 24 9:39 PM
silkcut04
Posts 120
My top 2 Strikers out for 12 & 15 days

2nd Jul 24 6:41 PM
ramster59
Posts 43
Two goalkeeper injuries in two days.
Have to play a hamstring strained backup for the Golden Platter cup final tomorrow

what a disaster

2nd Jul 24 7:09 PM
Firesilver
Posts 1,005
Knocks don't necessarily affect performance on the pitch from what I've seen. I once had a player with a knock score a hat-trick

2nd Jul 24 8:13 PM
ramster59
Posts 43
Good to know but he's a backup for a reason

2nd Jul 24 9:18 PM
almahaza
Posts 305
Another grade 3 injury today. only out for 20 days though so not too bad.

This is getting daft

3rd Jul 24 2:29 PM
porkpie
Posts 231
I've had a lot of injuries recently, more than normal. Lost another today in the 93rd min. I have 4 missing at present and it seems like I get 1 player back then I gey another injured.

6th Jul 24 12:13 PM
Firesilver
Posts 1,005
I welcomed back one of my main strikers after a short injury yesterday and he played the whole 90 minutes. 10 minutes into today's Super Cup match and he's injured again He literally got to play 100 minutes of football between injuries...

6th Jul 24 2:16 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 136
I think some players are more susceptible to frequent injuries than normal. Jamie Edge came to Möwen six months ago and already has been injured Grade 2 or 3 three times. Maybe that was why he appeared on the transfer list!

13th Jul 24 8:33 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 357
Nice 48-day injury to end the season from a reserve game!!

14th Jul 24 9:02 PM
porkpie
Posts 231
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Nice 48-day injury to end the season from a reserve game!!

I've just had a grade 3 to a player that has just came back. Sick of it all now, no point. He will drop a few points now as my coaches are not good enough.

« Prev1234Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game