ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
26th May 24 7:21 AM
World
Posts 14
Actually been promoted to serie A took over the club a couple of seasons ago and we turned things round as they were in the relegation zone but not now as for next season it'll be a struggle

27th May 24 9:14 AM
ramster59
Posts 50
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Is this right ramster?

That one extra rating point the Bundesliga has on Serie A does not make up the fact that no German team is good enough to win the Super Cup

27th May 24 12:24 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 1,418
Quote:
Originally posted by ramster59
That one extra rating point the Bundesliga has on Serie A does not make up the fact that no German team is good enough to win the Super Cup

And yet...and yet...despite all these Super Cup wins, Brazil's Serie A still can't make it to the top of the IAG divisional ratingss.

I wonder why?

27th May 24 4:29 PM
Firesilver
Posts 1,026
That's enough of that in here you two, we can always start a Serie A vs Bundesilga thread if it's necessary, let's stay on topic here please!

In any case, Serie A is obviously much better, so there's no need to even argue about it.

To be fair Germany did receive their first ever major title last year through Greenholm Rangers, it's just a bit of a shame that my club knocked them out of the Super Cup the season before or it might have been their second!

It's not just the Super Cup that Brazil have dominated though, count those Platinum Cup wins too

27th May 24 7:43 PM
Euro_2nd
Posts 23
8th in the Bundesliga for me, my best ever finish. I am trying to get into the mix for the top 6 places and have an eye on the teams above but all the time the teams below are also getting stronger.

Bundesliga feels very competitive these days, after the top 3 teams which are a little clear of the rest.

28th May 24 5:29 PM
roland68
Posts 569
Better late than never but here's my season review.

Competitions
- League: Won 34, drew 4, finished unbeaten. Similar to the previous two seasons. There continues to be more and more competitive teams in Scotland that are difficult to beat.
- Scottish Cup: Winner
- Inter Cup: Lost in QF to a Bundesliga team, the strongest division in the game.
- IAG Super Cup: Reached the QF where I lost to a great team, Peregrinos.

Squad
I sold six players, four top-class players plus two youth academy promotions that were pretty good but weren't going to make it into my team.
I bought three players and added 2 youths rated 97 and 98 to my first-team squad. I will have to wait and see how they turn out. All 90s FAs but perhaps one of them could have been better.

It was my turn to get a big injury list this season with 11 long-term injuries, but with a big squad I can usually manage that. It may have possibly impacted one or two match results but I'll never know. I won't claim that it did.

Ratings
- CR pts went down by 16, but taking into account my average player rating went down by 1 (-35 pts I believe), that results in an increase of 19 CR pts.
- Manager rating improved by 4.

28th May 24 5:54 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 1,418
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Better late than never but here's my season review.

Competitions
- League: Won 34, drew 4, finished unbeaten. Similar to the previous two seasons. There continues to be more and more competitive teams in Scotland that are difficult to beat.
- Scottish Cup: Winner
- Inter Cup: Lost in QF to a Bundesliga team, the strongest division in the game.
- IAG Super Cup: Reached the QF where I lost to a great team, Peregrinos.

Squad
I sold six players, four top-class players plus two youth academy promotions that were pretty good but weren't going to make it into my team.
I bought three players and added 2 youths rated 97 and 98 to my first-team squad. I will have to wait and see how they turn out. All 90s FAs but perhaps one of them could have been better.

It was my turn to get a big injury list this season with 11 long-term injuries, but with a big squad I can usually manage that. It may have possibly impacted one or two match results but I'll never know. I won't claim that it did.

Ratings
- CR pts went down by 16, but taking into account my average player rating went down by 1 (-35 pts I believe), that results in an increase of 19 CR pts.
- Manager rating improved by 4.

Don't get FS started... He chooses not to believe what's in front of him.

28th May 24 8:12 PM
Firesilver
Posts 1,026
Quote:
Don't get FS started... He chooses not to believe what's in front of him.

Excuse me, can we get a mod in here to delete these off-topic posts please?

28th May 24 9:11 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 1,418
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
Excuse me, can we get a mod in here to delete these off-topic posts please?

What, including your post of yesterday at 4.29?

29th May 24 12:08 AM
Firesilver
Posts 1,026
Quote:
What, including your post of yesterday at 4.29?

Yes please. If you're going to sticky a season review thread, you should probably keep it about season reviews, not which division is better.

29th May 24 4:20 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 1,418
Managed 2nd in the game's strongest division, Germany's Bundesliga, behind Radiacls who have been improving every season for a whiole now and who desevedly took their first title.

18th Jul 24 7:45 PM
wilson23
Posts 83
Well after playing this game on and off for I reckon about 17 years, I've somehow finally won a trophy!

I'd hoped I might maybe fluke a League Cup at some point, so to win the Irish Prem unbeaten... I'm still in disbelief!

Very happy indeed

18th Jul 24 8:20 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 75
Turtlesim secured the league title (in consecutive seasons), which is no mean feat considering how strong some of the sides in the English league are.

We had a measure of control in the latter stages, but early season was especially challenging with the level of injuries & knocks, which ultimately led to an early exit from the League Cup.

Our season isn't quite over yet though, with a fair chance of reaching the last 4 of the IAG Cup for the first time tomorrow. We have a tough game to get there though, so I won't be counting my chickens just yet...

18th Jul 24 8:31 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 349
Quote:
Originally posted by wilson23
Well after playing this game on and off for I reckon about 17 years, I've somehow finally won a trophy!

I'd hoped I might maybe fluke a League Cup at some point, so to win the Irish Prem unbeaten... I'm still in disbelief!

Very happy indeed

Congrats! It gives me hope that my first trophy is just around the corner...

Same old same old yet again - back to fifth in the league, had some rubbish luck in the cups (not to mention a terrible performance as well)...on it goes.

I'm starting to think that I need to get to grips with the tactics a bit more as I lost to some teams that I had a somewhat significant preview advantage to. Also see my last game of the season, 74% possession and still drawing. Something I've been thinking about is whether having one or two key superstars amongst a team of lower quality players is better than having a team full of players in the middle as this seems to have been what's happened in some of my losses.

As for off the pitch, had a few decent promotions and managed to invest in a major stadium expansion. Club rating has ticked up a few points compared to this time last season and I'm hoping I'm setting up a good base for improvement in the next few seasons.

Second team - promoted in second again behind you know who, but at least I got a draw with them. Slowly working my way through the deadwood and replacing them with better quality youths. I said this season would be the one for 5501 but I think it'll actually have to be next.

18th Jul 24 8:47 PM
TopGun2
Posts 564
Quote:

Very happy indeed

Congrats Wilson!

Successful season for my lot too, albeit without a trophy, I am a Spurs fan after all. 5th in the league, same as last season and semi-final of league cup, both par performances. Won an inter-cup match for the first time in a while and reached the last 16 of Super Cup, both above par performances. Main success though was hitting improved staff last night allowing us to step back into the rarefied air this club hasn't visited since Beeky was in charge over 5 irl years ago.

18th Jul 24 8:55 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 349
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Won an inter-cup match for the first time in a while

I'm well aware

18th Jul 24 9:03 PM
callum27
Posts 13
Quote:

Very happy indeed

18th Jul 24 9:03 PM
callum27
Posts 13
Quote:

Very happy indeed

Congrats mate

18th Jul 24 9:46 PM
Marcostrapone
Posts 7
well. randomly picked club fom JL3 japan. 7 point with relegation status. not that much staff or the players a squad needed for entire season to run up plus bad subs. luckly two good strikers saves the season with lots of goals (58 both). was able to bring the club up to 73 points and 4th place.

18th Jul 24 10:00 PM
Euro_2nd
Posts 23
After over 15 years of playing (with a career break in the middle) - I have finally won a senior trophy, fluking my way to win the German Cup

Next I need to find a way to crack the top 6...

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game