ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
« Prev1234Next »
18th Jul 24 10:25 PM
Firesilver
Posts 1,005
Season 58 comes and goes. How do you follow up your most successful league season with your club?

Not well, the answer would appear. I wasn't expecting top 6 again this season but to drop all the way down to 9th again is disheartening. I can only draw on the thin comfort that there were plenty of games lost or drawn "against the run of play", and on an average season for RNG we'd have ended a place or two higher. The highlight of the League season was undoubtedly the 2-1 win over Peregrinos with just a small element of fortune to it. You win some, you lose some.

The regular Cups were also a complete reversal from last season with some very kind draws allowing us to reach our first ever League Cup semi-final and achieve one of the last positive club records I was missing as well as matching our club record of Round 6 of the Super Cup. Sadly we got hit by RNG in our (very) brief foray in the Inter Cup, but at least we took our revenge on Dusters in the Super Cup (isn't it funny how the same clubs get drawn together in multiple competitions sometimes?)

Off the pitch, a financially stable year with a decent player bought on the TM for 8M and we should still end with a small profit. Our big stadium expansion was finished and is now being regularly filled. Club rating has gone way up (5800 to 6100) thanks to some great squad improvements and despite successfully promoting 3 youths all with 80+ FAs. Hoping to hit 6500 within at least the next 5 seasons. The squad is gaining strength in depth and in a few more seasons should be ready to start challenging consistently for that top 6 spot in the League.

The final positive club record I don't own yet is the biggest win and I'm hoping to fix that next season along with a top 8 League finish and a good run in the cups again. Trimming the squad and expanding the stadium to finish Tier 2 is probably the main focus, as is reaching at least 6250 rating.

18th Jul 24 11:07 PM
euromyside
Posts 31
Another division win but slipped up on a winning record streak in the league. 3 times actually to draw teams. 2 draws were against my rivals and another I just played a weak team to rest. I don't expect Serie B to be easy. Hopefully my next division loss in only in Serie A. Lost the inter cup too in the finals which show other countries similar divisions have competition.

One step closer to meeting my rival Firesilver. Enjoy the banter and winding him up with my strategy of force relegation to show finally some rewards reaped.

Finally achieved the 6500+ club rating to gain better staff. My highest players now are 80 rated and I've a boost to my average team rating to 70. Also means that they sell a bit more hopefully too. Ended up on 6816 at the end of Season 58.

My over expansion of my stadium in my early manager days is finally also coming to fruition with my most recent games giving me 1m per game. Let's see how far I go before I join the stagnation of Serie A.

Whilst I got to 6800+, 7500+ is going to be a real challenge.

18th Jul 24 11:33 PM
ramster59
Posts 43
Won the Golden Platter. That was all I wanted this season.
Is that considered a major trophy?

Finished 8th in the league which I think we can better next year, although I will be selling some of my top, older players now so maybe not. Didn't challenge the top 6 mostly cause we drew more games than any other Brazilian club, 15 times! Can anyone in other countries top that I wonder...

21st Jul 24 9:02 AM
BlueBoar
Posts 74
The fans are on the pitch...
They think its all over!
It is now!

We wrote a new chapter in our book yesterday, by appearing in the IAG Supercup Semi-Final for the first time in our history. We lost, but we went down fighting in the end. The first half was forgettable from our perspective, but two goals in 3 minutes in the second half restored parity, but we didn't hold on.

I feel like Gareth Southgate to be honest. We had our chances, but the cup once again eludes us, but immensely encouraged by our performances in the last 2 seasons, but can we top that next season?

21st Jul 24 10:29 AM
Harvey28
Posts 1
Yesss what a season. Just finished my 1st season on the game, im still a bit of a noob but managed to end up with 100pts and 3rd place for promotion. Pretty happy with that. Seem to be bleeding money a little, could be down to spending money on transfers to sort this squad out or complete lack of sponsorship money, not sure how to get any of that in? Been fun, logged on every day except the monday after euro final as was too busy crying in bed. Hope it went well for everyone, see you soon at the top if i can somehow keep the climb going. Peace.

21st Jul 24 10:39 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 357
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
I feel like Gareth Southgate to be honest.

Come now, you scored two goals against global top 5 opposition, don't do yourself down like that.

Okay, I'll stop now congrats on the success!

21st Jul 24 11:05 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 357
Quote:
Originally posted by Harvey28
Yesss what a season. Just finished my 1st season on the game, im still a bit of a noob but managed to end up with 100pts and 3rd place for promotion. Pretty happy with that. Seem to be bleeding money a little, could be down to spending money on transfers to sort this squad out or complete lack of sponsorship money, not sure how to get any of that in? Been fun, logged on every day except the monday after euro final as was too busy crying in bed. Hope it went well for everyone, see you soon at the top if i can somehow keep the climb going. Peace.

Well done on making it through your first season! You'll soon find out it's just as much an accounting sim as a football one balancing the books is as important as the on-field results although success with the latter will help with the former.

Sponsorship money is not a thing I'm afraid so you'll want to focus on maximising match day revenue - more wins means higher attendances at higher tickets prices. Fortunately in the lower divisions you'll be winning most of not all your games so you can build up a head of steam. The top division is where it gets really tough so just make sure you're ready before that final promotion.

Good luck and keep going!

21st Jul 24 11:43 AM
roland68
Posts 563
Season 58, like most, had some highs and some lows.

League: W36, D1 L1 - Achieved our best points total since season 54 so was pleased with that, on the other hand we lost our first league game since season 52. Slightly odd thing about that defeat was that our opponents have had their worst season for a long, long time and for the first time in many, many seasons did not finish in the top 3, yet chose to beat me for the first time in a while.

Scottish Cup: Won that with a very tough run, so was delighted to get through that. All six matches were against teams in the top 10 of the Scottish Premier. I played the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 9th and 10th best teams in the Scottish league

Inter Cup: Out in the first round. I haven't lost in the first round since, I think, season 29. So that was disappointing.

IAG Super Cup: Reached the semi-final where I lost yesterday to Blind Monkeys. Decent run but sadly yet again bottled it in the later stages.

Squad: Promoted one youth who will soon be sold ( I hope). Sold one experienced, 94-rated defender and purchased two players, one midfielder and one forward who I acquired unexpectedly. Squad is full so I'm looking to sell a few more this season.
Eleven injuries again this season, a few grade 3 ones too. Maybe it's the big squad but still more than average, I expect it to calm down next season

Points Progress: CR points +22 / MR points +2

Onto next season...

21st Jul 24 2:42 PM
AndyP
Posts 29
Mediocre season for Runnymede Rangers. We were 1 point away from top 6 and finished midway through both League & Super Cups, except for the Inter Cup where we were knocked out 1st round

We had our first Perfect Player in the Youth Academy sign though and finished on a high when we sold him for nearly 50M and started building a new Tier 3 stand.

Take out lesson for S58 is that the Bundesliga is getting even MORE competitive

« Prev1234Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game