ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
12th Jun 24 3:09 PM
Firesilver
Posts 1,005
I haven't had a rejection in ages too. How often has anyone else had them? I'm nervous about my next promotions now!

It seems likely that it was a squad size issue though, if you've had him 3+ seasons.

12th Jun 24 8:21 PM
andyoz
Posts 183
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
I think three seasons is reasonable though and should give a decent chance of promotion.

Could it have been influenced by other recent promotions? Which we don't know about unless Andyoz wants to share, or it was just some bad luck.

It was my first attempted promotion of the season. Usually I try and only have 2/3 promotions a season and they all tend to accept. So was quite suprised when my first one this season said no.

As to the 9 goalkeepers, I didn't even realise it was 9! Haha, you'd think I would have a better defensive record. I think I may try and buy two more and then send out my army of GK's in a game to see what happens.

12th Jun 24 8:28 PM
ironpsycho_2nd
Posts 177
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
It was my first attempted promotion of the season. Usually I try and only have 2/3 promotions a season and they all tend to accept. So was quite suprised when my first one this season said no.

As to the 9 goalkeepers, I didn't even realise it was 9! Haha, you'd think I would have a better defensive record. I think I may try and buy two more and then send out my army of GK's in a game to see what happens.

9!

12th Jun 24 8:35 PM
andyoz
Posts 183
Quote:
Originally posted by ironpsycho_2nd
9!

To be fair, one is on the transfer market

12th Jun 24 9:05 PM
stripey
Posts 1,113
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
I haven't had a rejection in ages too. How often has anyone else had them? I'm nervous about my next promotions now!

It seems likely that it was a squad size issue though, if you've had him 3+ seasons.
I can't remember my last one. I always look for 13-14-year-olds, so they get a decent time in the academy, which helps.

13th Jun 24 8:51 AM
andyoz
Posts 183
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I can't remember my last one. I always look for 13-14-year-olds, so they get a decent time in the academy, which helps.

Yeah same here, that guy was 13 when he joined, 16 when he left. It just shows doing it that way massively increases the chance of promotion but it does not guarantee anything.

13th Jun 24 8:42 PM
Chyperhondria2nd
Posts 26
Garbarino is 16 1/2 and since joining two seasons ago has improved from 28 to...29. Nevertheless, he is apparently "a great kid" and has "started to show some quality".

Sharaf in my main team went from around 35 to 90+ in less than a season so here's hoping this guy does the same.

13th Jun 24 9:23 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 136
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
Yeah same here, that guy was 13 when he joined, 16 when he left. It just shows doing it that way massively increases the chance of promotion but it does not guarantee anything.
Nothing is guaranteed, but I don't take anyone who's not dead even, or very close to it, and nobody who's got only modest FAs, even if they're flat even.

19th Jun 24 12:45 PM
roland68
Posts 563
One of my highly-rated scouts found another bizarre youth player yesterday.

Physical 95
Mental 98
Technical 2

These scouts are really not as good as their ratings suggest.

Would be interesting to see what he'd turn out like if he promoted.

19th Jun 24 2:37 PM
stripey
Posts 1,113
Quote:

Physical 95
Mental 98
Technical 2

I've got a feeling that the only advantage of higher rated scouts is that they come back from their searches earlier. It would be quite fun to have a virtual squad where you could plant the most interesting lemons that the scouts come back with.

19th Jun 24 3:00 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 357
Quote:

Physical 95
Mental 98
Technical 2

Always seems to be the technical, right? In fact, I have noticed that players tend to have lower technical attributes than physical and mental - my squad rating is 73/73/66. This game loves the unrefined cloggers a bit too much methinks.

30th Jun 24 8:58 PM
ramster59
Posts 43
How are the star youths from the Ducks' academy doing?

It's been a couple of seasons since I promoted my first ever set of players from a youth academy. Four of those had fixed attributes all 90+. I was curious how they have been getting on, so I got in touch with them.

1. Jeremias Rodriquez (90), 21 years old at Bens Crew.
2. Boubacar Dior (90), 19 years old at Newcastle United.
3. Rusty Butt (93), 21 years old at Yanjing Dragons.
4. Gabriel Epam (84), 20 years old at Insmouth Cadavers.

The plan now is to keep my future promotions but any 90+ ones are going to be hard to resist selling...

30th Jun 24 9:35 PM
Firesilver
Posts 1,005
Quote:
Originally posted by ramster59
The plan now is to keep my future promotions but any 90+ ones are going to be hard to resist selling...

Yeah, but why?

I mean, I suppose you could sell a 90 FAs youth and use the proceeds to buy two 80 FAs youngsters that you can train to almost the same level. But where's your ambition to be a true top club if that's the case?

Like me you must have a good 50M+ in the bank so there's really no need to sell any more unless you use it to reinvest into your squad.

I'm keeping all my FA 90s youths. I don't need the money, and they will be the ones pushing my club towards the next club rating barrier and hopefully further. You can still sell them aged 28 or 29 if you like and they'll still fetch a good 20-30M.

30th Jun 24 10:00 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 74
On the subject of all 90s players, the Turtlesim youth system has created 7 all 90s players, 6 of which are in the team as regulars.

Highest rated is 91 and I haven't quite figured out how to get more out of them (I think 94 or 95 rated is possible with the 7501 rating of staff), but that said... all were generated with 6501 rated youth team staff and only one was high 90s in the academy.

I think the tap has been turned down a bit for 90s players (from my perspective at least), as the last one I developed was Idrissa Ndour & he's 22 now. However, I have a cross-section of outfield players coming through with potential to be all 90s, so in a few seasons, that may change.

30th Jun 24 10:45 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 74
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
On the subject of all 90s players, the Turtlesim youth system has created 7 all 90s players, 6 of which are in the team as regulars.

Highest rated is 92 and I haven't quite figured out how to get more out of them (I think 94 or 95 rated is possible with the 7501 rating of staff), but that said... all were generated with 6501 rated youth team staff and only one was high 90s in the academy.

I think the tap has been turned down a bit for 90s players (from my perspective at least), as the last one I developed was Idrissa Ndour & he's 22 now. However, I have a cross-section of outfield players coming through with potential to be all 90s, so in a few seasons, that may change.

Correction...

1st Jul 24 10:33 PM
Mr_Cantona
Posts 17
One of my youth players jumped up 10 points tonight. Anyone else had this?

2nd Jul 24 5:02 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 357
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Cantona
One of my youth players jumped up 10 points tonight. Anyone else had this?

Oh yeah, my recent youth Sharaf had multiple successive increases of over ten, went from 30s to 90s in a matter of weeks

3rd Jul 24 5:52 PM
Benje0123
Posts 14
Got my first big youth promotion this evening. Fingers crossed

3rd Jul 24 8:04 PM
Benje0123
Posts 14
Quote:
Originally posted by Benje0123
Got my first big youth promotion this evening. Fingers crossed

Boom

3rd Jul 24 8:07 PM
Mr_Cantona
Posts 17
Quote:
Originally posted by Benje0123
Boom

40m in the bank.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game