ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
23rd May 24 6:40 PM
sullymcfc
Posts 69
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
After 3 seasons of basically putting his feet up in the academy because he was already good enough, Finian Holme joined the first team today. He'd improved by only a single point in his 3 seasons but when you're already rated 98, why even bother?

This means we have now had 6 of our last 8 promoted youths have FAs all in the 90s and the other 2 have all 80s and 90s. The future of the club is looking brighter than ever.
all credit goes to your super scouts I think

24th May 24 12:55 PM
Benje0123
Posts 14
Can someone please clarify, Can I only prpmote 2 youths from the academy per year or have I just imagined that?

24th May 24 1:19 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 74
Quote:
Originally posted by Benje0123
Can someone please clarify, Can I only prpmote 2 youths from the academy per year or have I just imagined that?

No exactly.

Youth 1 has the highest chance of promotion.
Youth 2 has less chance than Youth 1.
Youth 3 has less chance than Youth 2.

In theory, you can promote 3, 4, maybe even 5 or 6 in a season, but with each promotion, your chances of securing more promotions become less. There may be other factors at play also.

24th May 24 4:13 PM
Benje0123
Posts 14
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
No exactly.

Youth 1 has the highest chance of promotion.
Youth 2 has less chance than Youth 1.
Youth 3 has less chance than Youth 2.

In theory, you can promote 3, 4, maybe even 5 or 6 in a season, but with each promotion, your chances of securing more promotions become less. There may be other factors at play also.

Thanks BlueBoar, and this resets every season?

24th May 24 4:37 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 74
Quote:
Originally posted by Benje0123
Thanks BlueBoar, and this resets every season?

Yes it does.

NOTE: The following is my theory on youth players. Please do not interpret it as fact as I have no wish to deceive you or anyone reading this... I would be happy for opinions countering my theory though.

Pay close attention to how many players you have. This is key!

The default number is 23, as that's the number of players you get for fully reset clubs.

If you have 23 players, youth player 1 would have the default probability of signing pro, but the probability decreases after each successful signing. It would therefore follow that if you have 22 players, you may have a slightly higher probability of signing the same player than the default & If you have 24 players, you will have a slightly lower probability of signing the same player than the default.

That's the gist of how I think it works, but as for the exact science? Who knows...

24th May 24 8:23 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 357
It's worth bearing in mind that received wisdom says there's more at play than how many players you've promoted. The length of time you've had them in the academy is believed to have an impact too. So it could be that if you recruited a youth and tried to promote them immediately, and then tried to promote a youth who'd been with you for several seasons you might have more chance with the second one. I only say might though, I don't know the exact calculations.

Going off what BB says about a "default" squad size - if you have a squad of 23 and can get a decent 12 seasons out of each player, you're looking to promote two players a season, allowing for the fact not every youth will be a hit.

Based on my experiences, if you keep your youths around for several seasons (13/14-17/18 ) you should be able to get three promotions a season.

24th May 24 8:54 PM
Firesilver
Posts 1,005
We've had 3 successful promotions this seasons and last season so there's no reason why you can't too. In my opinion, the length of time they've been with you far outweighs any other factor. I only recruit youths aged 15 or under (preferably 12, 13 or 14) to make sure they spend at least 2 seasons and preferably longer in the academy and I've never had a youth turn down a promotion yet.

24th May 24 8:59 PM
Lemmy
Posts 486
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
Yes it does.

If you have 23 players, youth player 1 would have the default probability of signing pro, but the probability decreases after each successful signing. It would therefore follow that if you have 22 players, you may have a slightly higher probability of signing the same player than the default & If you have 24 players, you will have a slightly lower probability of signing the same player than the default.

That's the gist of how I think it works, but as for the exact science? Who knows...

Not sure I agree with this as in my experience the squad size is irrelevant.

25th May 24 6:53 AM
Murderdoll
Posts 38
Hi all

I have the following dilemma with one of my youths promotion:

16 y o goalkeeper rated 79

90/78/70

Latest report says:
After supervising his training, our youth coaches report that Juan Cuevas is a strange one, alright. It is not easy to call ... I think it might be worth giving him more time, but to be honest, your guess is as good as mine.

Not sure if I should promote him now with a small chance to have a youth with all 80's FA or give him more time to maybe get a bit more higher rating. The problem is that I have 2 well-balanced youths with higher ratings that I'd like to promote next season. Maybe better to promote the goalkeeper now so I have a better chance with the others? This type of reports could mean anything...

cheeers

25th May 24 7:13 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 357
In my experience it is almost always worth keeping youths on unless they have reached their peak. Would you be able to promote the other two early in the season and then promote this guy third?

25th May 24 7:46 AM
Murderdoll
Posts 38
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
In my experience it is almost always worth keeping youths on unless they have reached their peak. Would you be able to promote the other two early in the season and then promote this guy third?

Hard to predict, one of them is 16yo already rated 90 and improving, however will max out soon (if all comes good, hope to get the cash I really need), the other is 17yo rated 80 also improving but will turn 18 anytime first half of next season (didn't pay attention to that unfortunately). Theoretically I could play with the timings a bit bit its tricky.

26th May 24 2:23 PM
Lemmy
Posts 486
Quote:
Originally posted by Murderdoll
Hi all

I have the following dilemma with one of my youths promotion:

16 y o goalkeeper rated 79

90/78/70

Latest report says:
After supervising his training, our youth coaches report that Juan Cuevas is a strange one, alright. It is not easy to call ... I think it might be worth giving him more time, but to be honest, your guess is as good as mine.

Not sure if I should promote him now with a small chance to have a youth with all 80's FA or give him more time to maybe get a bit more higher rating. The problem is that I have 2 well-balanced youths with higher ratings that I'd like to promote next season. Maybe better to promote the goalkeeper now so I have a better chance with the others? This type of reports could mean anything...

cheeers

If you leave him until he's 18 that would be in 2 seasons time so wouldn't affect ypur promoting your other 2 youths next season.

26th May 24 5:30 PM
Murderdoll
Posts 38
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
If you leave him until he's 18 that would be in 2 seasons time so wouldn't affect ypur promoting your other 2 youths next season.

Well i took the promotion option due to diferent reasons- J Cuevas accepted and looks more or less as expected, so already listed. Happy with the free spot and maybe getting decent offers, however under different circumstances he would be still in the academy.

1st Jun 24 8:27 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 357
Well considering he was rated 96/90/99, I can't think of Okotie as anything but a disappointment. He might still surpass Clarke in time, but he's not the step up (or payday) I was hoping for.

11th Jun 24 8:09 PM
andyoz
Posts 183
I had my first rejection in a long time yesterday. My 91 rated midfielder who had been in the academy for three season decided he did not want to sit on the bench for the rest of his career so has apparently gone to play for Wrexham!

11th Jun 24 8:32 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 357
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
I had my first rejection in a long time yesterday. My 91 rated midfielder who had been in the academy for three season decided he did not want to sit on the bench for the rest of his career so has apparently gone to play for Wrexham!

You shouldn't have let your ninth (!!!) choice goalkeeper get in his ear about how boring it is picking up training cones every week.

Commiserations

11th Jun 24 9:00 PM
Lemmy
Posts 486
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz

Should have kept him in the academy longer

11th Jun 24 10:56 PM
czambrana_2nd
Posts 15
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
You shouldn't have let your ninth (!!!) choice goalkeeper get in his ear about how boring it is picking up training cones every week.

Commiserations

9 good goalkeepers is crazy. It would be interesting to see how they do all playing at the same time.

12th Jun 24 9:57 AM
roland68
Posts 563
Quote:
Originally posted by czambrana_2nd
9 good goalkeepers is crazy. It would be interesting to see how they do all playing at the same time.

. Maybe a few tax avoidance purchases there?

Also noticed, possibly the most expensive player in Itsagoal in the squad. Highest transfer fee I've seen so far though could be others.

12th Jun 24 10:06 AM
roland68
Posts 563
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Should have kept him in the academy longer

I think three seasons is reasonable though and should give a decent chance of promotion.

Could it have been influenced by other recent promotions? Which we don't know about unless Andyoz wants to share, or it was just some bad luck.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game