ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
18th Aug 24 8:48 PM
Chyperhondria2nd
Posts 29
Now then, Garbarino was rated 28 when he joined at 14...rated 30 at 17...now picking up pace and rated 46 with two more updates to go. Is he going to repay my faith in him?

25th Aug 24 11:19 PM
Firesilver
Posts 997
Got my first ever 100-rated youth as Iglesias finally reached the magic mark. Having been in the academy since he was 12, I feel reasonably confident that he'll promote tomorrow.

The youth that was stubbornly stuck in the low 20s has also blossomed and is now rated 62, an increase of 38 points in 6 weeks

26th Aug 24 8:45 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 136
Dear stripey_2nd,

Just a reminder that the contract for youth forward, Nicolo Camelleri, is now due for renewal. His contract expires in the next few days.

After supervising his training, our youth coaches report that Nicolo Camelleri is proving to be hard to assess. If you keep him in the academy, he might get better, but I really do not know at the moment.

He's a 17-year-old striker, currently rated 99/99/99, with 10 days left on his contract....

26th Aug 24 8:47 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 136
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
Got my first ever 100-rated youth as Iglesias finally reached the magic mark. Having been in the academy since he was 12, I feel reasonably confident that he'll promote tomorrow.

Good that he promoted, but I bet you hoped for a little better in his FAs.

26th Aug 24 9:27 PM
Firesilver
Posts 997
I'm just happy that a) he promoted and b) he's all 90s. Honestly, I can only train them up to about 83/84 rating with my coaches anyway at this stage, and their main function is to get my ASR up to the point where I can actually get the better coaches, which he will definitely do. So yeah, I'm happy

Also found a 50-rated reasonably balanced 13 year old fullback to immediately replace him in the academy. Happy days.

26th Aug 24 9:33 PM
Mr_Cantona
Posts 18
Currently my best youth is 15 yrs old and rated 70, I'll be waiting until he's 18 before he hopefully promotes to the senior squad, anything above 80 and I will be delighted.

27th Aug 24 11:51 AM
stripey
Posts 1,111
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Cantona
Currently my best youth is 15 yrs old and rated 70, I'll be waiting until he's 18 before he hopefully promotes to the senior squad, anything above 80 and I will be delighted.
Sounds good, Eric. How well balanced are his stats?

27th Aug 24 1:04 PM
Mr_Cantona
Posts 18
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Sounds good, Eric. How well balanced are his stats?

65, 71, 73, so pretty balanced.

27th Aug 24 5:34 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 136
Quote:
65, 71, 73, so pretty balanced.
Should make 80s if you hang on to him. Fingers crossed!

27th Aug 24 8:18 PM
Mr_Cantona
Posts 18
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey_2nd
Should make 80s if you hang on to him. Fingers crossed!

well he increased by 1 tonight.

Has anyone ever had a youth report saying forget it, this kid will never make it, or something to that ilk?

27th Aug 24 8:38 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 343
Quote:
well he increased by 1 tonight.

Has anyone ever had a youth report saying forget it, this kid will never make it, or something to that ilk?

There are three "maxed out" reports that I've seen:
-Reached his peak
-Done as well as he is going to do
-Taken everything he can from us

I don't believe they ever give an actual opinion on how good the player is or will be.

27th Aug 24 8:44 PM
stripey
Posts 1,111
I would think that one reason there are few or even no youth reports that state that the player is simply not cut out to be a professional footballer is that you would expect the great majority of managers to be able to weed out the lemons.

Maybe someone would like to volunteer to sign a youth with awful looking stats to test what the reports come up with?

27th Aug 24 8:48 PM
Lemmy
Posts 488
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey

Maybe someone would like to volunteer to sign a youth with awful looking stats to test what the reports come up with?

Well volunteered stripey

27th Aug 24 9:06 PM
stripey
Posts 1,111
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Well volunteered stripey
Haha!

28th Aug 24 3:46 PM
roland68
Posts 566
I was looking forward to promoting one of my youths this week.

My scouts searched a long, long time for a both-footed CM youth and finally found Bernardo Brito, a 61 rated (61/61/61), 14-year-old youth. He looked very promising.

A few days ago, after three seasons in the academy, he was 94/94/94, 17-yo at the end of his contract and had only somewhere between 10 and 20 days before turning 18 so it didn't seem worth renewing his contract, I promoted him.

Really disappointed with this one

Onto the next one.

28th Aug 24 4:05 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 343
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
I was looking forward to promoting one of my youths this week.

My scouts searched a long, long time for a both-footed CM youth and finally found Bernardo Brito, a 61 rated (61/61/61), 14-year-old youth. He looked very promising.

A few days ago, after three seasons in the academy, he was 94/94/94, 17-yo at the end of his contract and had only somewhere between 10 and 20 days before turning 18 so it didn't seem worth renewing his contract, I promoted him.

Really disappointed with this one

Onto the next one.

Oof, that is a real disappointment

28th Aug 24 5:52 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 136
What did his last academy message say, Roland?

29th Aug 24 8:32 AM
Chenerz10
Posts 10
I have a very promising youth currently in my academy, he is currently 16 years old. Rated 92, stats are evenly balanced at 92/92/92.

Have i finally got myself a gem!?

29th Aug 24 2:58 PM
roland68
Posts 566
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey_2nd
What did his last academy message say, Roland?

"He's a bit of a puzzle"

29th Aug 24 4:22 PM
Firesilver
Posts 997
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
"He's a bit of a puzzle"

Your youth coaches obviously didn't put all the pieces in place to make him a top quality player

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game