ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
28th Jul 24 8:47 AM
Murderdoll
Posts 39
After long time without success, one of my scouts decided to change his tactics and brought following goalkeepers:

13 yo rated 60 (61/60/59)
14 yö rated 60 (62/60/59)

2 free spots available, let's see who will win the race in the academy.

28th Jul 24 9:10 AM
stripey
Posts 1,111
Quote:
Originally posted by Murderdoll
After long time without success, one of my scouts decided to change his tactics and brought following goalkeepers:

13 yo rated 60 (61/60/59)
14 yö rated 60 (62/60/59)

2 free spots available, let's see who will win the race in the academy.

Very nice!
I hope you will find room to give your scout a little bonus, MD.

28th Jul 24 10:00 AM
Smug1
Posts 22
2 quality additions it would seem for certain

I needed to see that at the minute, my scouts have a real issue with understanding what talent looks like it appears. 1 in the academy out of 20+ searches since I took the club. And he's a developing risk choice because of the balance.

Glad to see that even established clubs get more cross than worthwhile, but still find the right ones eventually. Stick at it I guess is the message then.

28th Jul 24 1:53 PM
Firesilver
Posts 997
Yes, the problem with being picky about who you take on is that it can take a long time to find the right candidates. I have only had one acceptable youth in my reports since the end of Season 57. I need to hire some more scouts I think, I only have 5 of them out looking at the moment.

28th Jul 24 2:26 PM
stripey
Posts 1,111
Quote:
Originally posted by Smug1
2 quality additions it would seem for certain

I needed to see that at the minute, my scouts have a real issue with understanding what talent looks like it appears. 1 in the academy out of 20+ searches since I took the club. And he's a developing risk choice because of the balance.

Glad to see that even established clubs get more cross than worthwhile, but still find the right ones eventually. Stick at it I guess is the message then.
Definitely so. Keep 'em at it!

28th Jul 24 8:27 PM
Firesilver
Posts 997
13 point improvement from one of my youths today And to think that I was considering dropping him after 2 seasons of being stuck at 16! Just goes to show, patience is a virtue!

28th Jul 24 10:01 PM
HMFC
Posts 279
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
13 point improvement from one of my youths today And to think that I was considering dropping him after 2 seasons of being stuck at 16! Just goes to show, patience is a virtue!

My biggest suprise is that you took at youth rated 16! But, saying that, I currently have a youth, whom my scouts found at 14 yrs old and rated 55. Very slow progress until his contract was about to end so I renewed it. Now, same youth is 15 yrs, nearly 16 and rated 90. Normally 13-14yr old youths rated below a certain level I avoid but my academy was quite empty and gave this guy a chance.

28th Jul 24 10:18 PM
Chyperhondria2nd
Posts 29
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver

My (now) 39-rated 17-year old has finally improved - just a few more weeks to go to repay my faith

28th Jul 24 10:53 PM
Firesilver
Posts 997
Quote:
Originally posted by HMFC
My biggest suprise is that you took at youth rated 16!

My priorities have changed the more I learn about the new youth system. I'm willing to take on lower rated players now, but 15 rating is probably my lower limit. This guy was touch and go from the start and he's only still in the academy because he improved 7 points in his final update before his second season's contract expired. Since then he's risen 19 points in 2 weeks, so it seems it was the right decision.

He has the potential to reach 90s if he continues in this vein. I'll keep you updated

29th Jul 24 9:31 AM
Murderdoll
Posts 39
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Very nice!
I hope you will find room to give your scout a little bonus, MD.

He had a day off spent on gin tonics

Amazingly he already returned with a 13 yo 70 rated striker, however not balanced and no more free spots in the academy.

31st Jul 24 8:11 PM
Murderdoll
Posts 39
Could anyone please remind me what was the reason for not being able to promote a 17 y o youth. Was it something whith the contract renewal?

31st Jul 24 8:25 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 1,412
Quote:
Originally posted by Murderdoll
Could anyone please remind me what was the reason for not being able to promote a 17 y o youth. Was it something whith the contract renewal?

A youth has to have been in his current contract for at least 21 days before he can be promoted

31st Jul 24 10:16 PM
Murderdoll
Posts 39
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
A youth has to have been in his current contract for at least 21 days before he can be promoted

Yep, that was it, thanks PS

6th Aug 24 9:04 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 343
Am I being churlish to be slightly disappointed by Daviau? All 90s yes, but he was 99/99/99 in the academy...

6th Aug 24 9:15 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 474
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Am I being churlish to be slightly disappointed by Daviau? All 90s yes, but he was 99/99/99 in the academy...

At least you got a 90's FA player. I just promoted a 97/97/97 and they turned out 80's with an 80 FA I thought I had another 90's striker on the way

6th Aug 24 10:36 PM
Lemmy
Posts 488
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac

In a word yes, you should be happy he's all 90's

6th Aug 24 11:11 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 343
Alright then, I'll count my blessings

7th Aug 24 5:05 PM
Andy1970_2nd
Posts 22
My scouts have found absolutely nothing recently, and I am now down to 3 in one academy and 4 in my other, usually like to have 6/7 on the go. Really disappointing as the academy keeps my teams alive. Saying that I have promoted a youth rated 100 from one team and 99 in the other, so that's a great bonus, but I would my scouts to find the next generation please...

7th Aug 24 5:07 PM
Andy1970_2nd
Posts 22
Gao, Diamanka and Diabang have been the three great promotions recently, just got to get them trained up now!
Obviously I'm limited by Guinea and Eq Guinea youths only, but it hasn't been a problem before.

7th Aug 24 5:30 PM
stripey
Posts 1,111
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump
At least you got a 90's FA player. I just promoted a 97/97/97 and they turned out 80's with an 80 FA I thought I had another 90's striker on the way
Ooh, not good.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game